Late-night Fire in Dormitory but No Casualties
Late-night Fire in Dormitory but No Casualties
  • Reporter Park Tae-yoon
  • 승인 2012.06.07 18:51
  • 댓글 0
이 기사를 공유합니다

A fire broke out on May 26, at 1:25 AM on the third floor of dormitory building 15. Fortunately, no casualties were reported despite the fire. According to the reports by the southern Pohang police department, a fire was caused by laundry covering up the heat exhaust pipe of the dryer in the laundry room.
Thanks to quick responses from Bae-geun Hwang(ME, Ph.D. candidate) who exti-nguished the fire at an early stage and Myungjin Kim(Phys, Ph.D. candidate) who notified the fire station, the flames were put under control without serious damage to the property.
Kyoo Sam Lee, the director of Housing Office emphasized, “When students use dryers in the laundry room, they ought not to put the laundry on top of the dryer where the heat exhaust pipe is located. Also we give thanks to Bae-jeun Hwang and Myungjin Kim for quick action. We are making efforts to restore the laundry room as soon as possible.”

댓글삭제
삭제한 댓글은 다시 복구할 수 없습니다.
그래도 삭제하시겠습니까?
댓글 0
댓글쓰기
계정을 선택하시면 로그인·계정인증을 통해
댓글을 남기실 수 있습니다.